Sunday, August 24, 2014

Blog Post #1

1. What are the things (if any) you have heard about EDM310?
2. What fears (if any) do you have about EDM310?
3. Compare and contrast EDM310 with other courses you have taken in college or high school.
4. What do you think will be the most difficult thing for you in EDM310?
5. What is the best way for you to address this “most difficult” aspect of EDM310?
6. What questions do you still have about EDM310? What ideas do you have about how to address those questions?

1. I had heard through the grapevine that EDM310 is a time consuming class that requires a person to work outside of their normal routine to be an effective learner of the subjects in this course. Although it is time consuming, the students who have divulged this information to me have also explained how rewarding the knowledge that one takes away from this classroom if you put your mind to it.

2. I do have a fear that the class might go too fast for me, or that maybe the projects we will be working on in the group will hinder my ability to help the group more than I can at the time.

3. It is definitely more team based learning than I have ever experienced in a classroom setting before. It sounds too easy at first but will probably change my frame of mind by the end of the course.

4. The most difficult thing will most likely be the group work, not necessarily that I do not work well with others but more so how complex these projects will be.

5. The best way to address this is by doing the assignments seriously, timely, and efficiently learning what I need to so I can help the group in any way I can so we can get the work done on time.

6. Maybe how the idea of EDM310 came to fruition? or why haven't we decided to require this class a much longer time ago? I am sure these questions are somewhere on the internet so that I can educate myself on the matter, or maybe emailing Dr. Strange himself for info on the subject firsthand.

1 comment:

  1. You're right in that this course is time-consuming, but once you get the hang of things, it's not that difficult! As long as you complete your assignments on time and give them your best shot, you'll be fine! And everything you learn in this class will definitely be beneficial to your career as an educator.

    ReplyDelete