Thursday, August 21, 2014

Practice Blog

Post Outline
1. Who Am I?
2. Why Do I Want To Be An Educator?
3. 21st Century Education
4. Life Passions

1. Who Am I?
Hello, My name is Robert O'Berry. I was born in the city of Mobile April 14, 1991. I come from humble beginnings and also the first person in my family to attend college. I chose the University of South Alabama as my college of choice due being a native of the area myself, but also most of my childhood friends were going here as well.Most of my family are natives of Florida, particulalry the Lake Okachobee area, since my family crossed over from Ireland back before even the Civil War.

2. Why Do I Want To Be An Educator?
I have always had the knack for being able to teach others complex concepts that came naturally to me. I love helping others, and if I could make a career out of doing it then I couldn't be happier.

3. 21st Century Education
With the new technological revolution brought into the 21st century, it would only make sense to increase student knowledge about technology from the educators themselves. This new way of learning is complex and thought provoking and though most individuals whose mind still lives in the last century, things are being set in motion that cannot be reversed and a new teaching method will be growing rapidly through all the schools.

4. Life Passions
Besides teaching, I have quite a few other life passions. I am proficient in writing in many forms and genres to which I enjoy writing equally. From writing novels, short stories, and poetry I enjoy all of the complex and emotional processes that go into crafting a piece. And when I am not writing, you can find me doing my other passion which is crochet. My grandmother taught me how to before her death as none of her daughters really picked up the trade and I just so happened to have been there during the last months she had. I cherish it as each time reminds me of one person who believed I could accomplish anything.
Crochet Time

No comments:

Post a Comment