Sunday, September 28, 2014

Project #6 C4K Month September

Mohammed
Mohammed's Blog

My first student was a child by the name of Mohammed. He is 13 and currently an 8th grade student in Ms.Clarke's class in New Zealand. He shares many of the same interests as I do and seems to know more about how blogs work as well. He shares a post containing a presentation of the many sports of his country including "octopush", a sport I never knew existed.

Two Octopush Players Underwater
Link to Octopush: Octopush
Nathaniel
Nathaniel's Blog

My second student I met was Nathaniel who is a 4th grade student in Mrs. Timm's class. He developed a post where the assignment was to create their own personal invention. It was very entertaining that he developed a "bacon corndog" as his invention detailing the ingredients as well as the overall taste of it. His grammar could be improved a bit, however I understand that this is a 4th grade class and I am so used to seeing college quality diction.

Basket of many corn dogs
Link to image: Corn Dogs
Emma
Emma's Blog

My final student is Emma who is a 5th grade student in Mrs. Greer's class in Massachusetts. She made her post regarding a book that she had read about the underground railroad. It surprised me how much knowledge a 5th grade student had on the subject as well as others like the Titanic or the 9/11 incident. I am astonished also by how these kids can grasp the use of this technology so well.

Logo of the Underground Railroad Network to Freedom
Link to Image: Underground Railroad



No comments:

Post a Comment