Saturday, October 4, 2014

Project #6 C4K Month of October

1. Auriana
Auriana's Blog

Artwork by Auriana Ms. Morgan's Class
Link to Image: Auriana

My first week of October I was assigned Auriana from Mrs. Morgans class. I was surprised to see her blog is covered with her own personal drawings which I found to be quite creative and colorful. I gave her information on the artist Pablo Picasso who was also colorful and used peace signs in his art as well. Also, in the comments were other students from other universities who had come to comment on her blog. I can imagine the joy she must feel acknowledging that college students are  looking at her blog "art gallery".

2. Kenadee
 Kenadee N.'s Blog

My second week of October I was given the blog of Kenadee N. of Mrs. Ripp's 7th grade class.This is a remarkable young student who finds enjoyment in going to class, as well as softball and volleyball. I posted a comment on her blog concerning certain ways she would like to changer how her classroom operates. She touches on key points such as seat assignments and having phones in class. I couldn't help but think of the blog post Dr. Strange had made considering the use of smart phones in class. Furthermore, now that I see this as a common problem for children coming from a child's perspective, I can't help but think of more ways to use these devices properly in the classroom for a more productive education.

1st graders using ipads in class
Link to source: here
3. Hallie
Hallie's Blog

On my second week of class I surveyed Hallie's blog. She is a 1st grade student in Mrs. Philipenko's class and had just developed her first blog. The classes first assignment is to develop a test post merely saying "I like school". I was again astonished for it was not but 8 weeks ago when I made my first test post myself, and here a first grade student is already doing it. The knowledge that children are obtaining at their age level is far surpassing my expectations, as well as my future students.

4.Mubashir
Mubashir
Logo of the Cricket World Cup 2015

My in my final week of October  I visited the blog of Mubashir. He is a 5th grade student in Mrs. Jacobsen's class in Auckland, New Zealand. His post was a free writing blog post which he chose the 2015 Cricket World Cup has his subject. Compared to myself his blogging abilities surpass my own knowledge, however I am gaining on him though. I have no idea how to play cricket or even where to play cricket. It is awesome how I get to experience speaking with students from opposite sides of the globe and actually help with their education.

No comments:

Post a Comment