Sunday, November 30, 2014

C4T Post #4

Krissy Venosdale
Krissy's Blog

3D Cube Assignment

In the first comment I left on Krissy's blog, the blog pertained to a 3d cube assignment. The assignment entailed the students creating a three-dimensional cube that was completely unique and original, but also conveyed a story as well. The assignment, in my opinion, seemed to be very entertaining and would be a great motivator for students to be creative and present something that was completely their own. All of the cubes are assembled into one masterpiece which constitutes cubes from various other students who shared their own stories. Being a future educator, I can only imagine the joy I would have myself watching the students engaging the creative process and striving to learn more.

Source Code
Link to image: here

So You ARE Ready to Code After All

In the second comment on Krissy's blog it was relating to her experiences with code in the classroom. She realized just how much more students take from assignments when offered complex tasks which require much trial and error. When pertaining to code, students have various different learning methods that include either kinetic, visual, or auditory learning methods. Students will also keep working on the problem until the task is completed, but are also very adamant about being self reliant. I can attest to this as when I was a student of a much younger age, I wanted to do everything myself and would think myself a failure if help was needed to complete any task.

No comments:

Post a Comment